- Cruising Yacht Club of Australia
The CYCA is the race organiser. The CYCA is based in Sydney, New South Wales.
Naming Rights Sponsor
- Land Rover Australia
The Land Rover brand you know today was born from a sketch on a Welsh beach in 1947. The rest as they say, is history.
Over the past 65 years, the Land Rover family has grown into a highly respected brand with a proud range of capable and innovative vehicles sold worldwide. As Land Rover continues to go from strength to strength, we thought it was time to take a look back and ask our loyal fans why they love Land Rover. So to celebrate 65 years of adventure we collated the top '65 Reasons to Love Land Rover'. A true showcase of Land Rover heritage at heart.
Download the 65 Reasons to Love Land Rover
Race Finishing Club
- Southport Yacht Club
The Southport Yacht Club is the race finishing club on the stunning Queensland Gold Coast, the destination of the race.
- Bureau of Meteorology
The BOM provides weather reports for the Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race. The BOM is responsible for providing meteorological, hydrological and oceanographic services in Australia. Link here to a specialised marine page on the BOM website.
- KORDIA - owns and operates Australia's Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) HF network on behalf of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) and Bureau of Meteorology (BOM). Kordia will play a supporting role for the Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race by monitoring the HF race frequencies used by the fleet
- Yellowbrick Tracking - The Yellowbrick tracker is a rugged and fully self-contained battery operated tracker which works anywhere on Earth. The tracker will obtain a position using the GPS satellite network, and then transmit that position back to Yellowbrick HQ using the Iridium satellite network.
The positions are then visualised on the race Yacht Tracker map or overlaid on Google Earth. Iridium is the only satellite network that allows transmission of information from any point on Earth. Iridium has 66 satellites in orbit around the Earth, allowing coverage anywhere on Earth 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Messages sent via Iridium take just seconds to reach Yellowbrick HQ and the race website server.
- JBW and Appliances Online - The Radio Relay Vessel MV JBW, a spacious 70 foot motor cruise, is generously donated to the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia by CYCA member and owner of Appliances Online, Mr John Winning. MV JBW is available for charter service when not on RRV duties. Please visit http://www.jbw.com.au to learn more about this luxurious motor cruiser or make a charter booking. If you are in the market for whitegoods or other appliances we ask you to support Appliances Online where possible. The CYCA Board of Directors thanks John Winning for his ongoing support and generosity to the CYCA.
- Web hosting services provided by BlueCentral - BlueCentral is a leading Australian managed hosting service provider of mission critical business and web applications. Servicing over 200 corporate and government clients, and thousands of retail customers across Australia, BlueCentral's enterprise-grade IaaS platform delivers elastic Server, Storage and Network technologies designed in partnership with industry leaders such as Microsoft, VMWare, EMC, HP and Juniper.
General sailing links