40 days until the start of the coastal classic Sydney Gold Coast Race
The series, made up of six major races and run by the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia, culminates in the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race.
The series is compiled of the following events:
- Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race, commencing Saturday 28 July
- Flinders Islet Yacht Race, commencing Saturday 15 September
- Newcastle Bass Island Yacht Race, commencing Friday 12 October
- Cabbage Tree Island Yacht Race, commencing Friday 9 November
- Bird Island Yacht Race, commencing Saturday 1 December
- Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race, commencing Wednesday 26 December
CYCA Commodore John Markos says the Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore series is one of Australian sailing’s greatest prizes.
“The Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore series is a truly great challenge,” Markos says.
“The series pits the best yachts and the best sailors and skippers against one another, on some of the world’s most challenging journeys, including on the legendary Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race.
“The legendary Blue Water series – a truly blue-ribbon series of events – is not to be missed.”
This year is set to be another great race with many top grand prix yachts already entered. These include current Rolex Sydney Hobart Tattersall Cup winner - Matt Allen’s Ichi Ban, recent winner of the PONANT Sydney Noumea Yacht Race Seb Bohm’s Smuggler and returning winner Shane Kearns’ Komatzu Azzuro.
At the front of the field the race will see its largest fleet of super-maxis to date, 2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Line Honours title holder Comanche will be battling it out with three other 100ft yachts including InfoTrack, Wild Oats XI and Black Jack for the prize of fastest time.
The entry list currently stands at 48 with entries still open until 6th July 2018.